Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Latest News: SLC & The Qur'an

Well, this blog is not something I've placed a lot of emphasis on thus far, but I thought I might as well throw some news on here. I had my last interview for my mission 2 Saturdays ago on April 11th and my papers are presumably in Salt Lake City right now. I'm super excited for my call, which I would expect in about 2-3 more weeks. Here's the picture I sent with it:



The next bit of news is very convenient because it has been keeping me distracted and is making this waiting period fly by. I met a beautiful young woman from Turkey. We've been talking regularly, but I think the coolest part is that she is Muslim. In addition to my study of Preach My Gospel and, currently, the Bible, I'm also reading the Qur'an and she is reading the Book of Mormon. It's really exciting for me; she's going to the branch in Istanbul this Sunday. I've been very impressed with the Qur'an so far, it really contains a lot of great truths. I believe, as many church authorities have expressed in the past, that Muhammed truly was an inspired man.

Now, invariably, everybody will ask where I want to go on my mission. First off, I'll say that this is probably the most annoying question anybody could ask. Secondly, I'd reply, "if you were going, where would you want to go?" Usually this solves the problem. Honestly, I feel 100% prepared to accept any calling the Lord throws at me. Whether it be Montreal, Oregon, Provo, or Tahiti. I know that people are waiting to hear the good news all over the world and that I am meant to share it with some of them. I love languages and I will be very excited if I am called to learn another one; but again, I'm prepared for an English mission. I also speak French and Portuguese and I'm currently studying Russian, so we'll see what happens.

P.S. I actually had a dream a few weeks ago that I got called to Vancouver Mandarin speaking. I don't know if it means anything, but regardless it has helped even more to prepare me for anything, including being called to my country.

1 comment:

Rhett said...

I went to Brazil for my mission. So I like Portuguese but I think whatever language the lord asks you to speak is great. Even while I waited for my visa in Iowa for two months I felt like I was speaking a different language because the natives did not talk the same as back home. What an exciting adventure. Where ever you go do not take to much stuff, I did and then I had to pack it around and that made life difficult. Most important is to work hard and enjoy the experience. sounds like you already know all of this.
Good luck.